China National Petroleum Corp is seeking to invest in the Ecuador Pacifico refinery project. The refinery is currently a joint venture between Petroecuador and PDVSA of Venezuela. The facility will need US$ 12.5 billion of investment and it is expected to be online in 2015.
Neste Oil’s Porvoo refinery is now fully back onstream after maintenance work was completed on the facility’s diesel production line four. The work was completed ahead of schedule.
Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd have achieved a major milestone in the third phase of the expansion and upgrade project currently being executed. Feed to the hydrogen generation unit has now been achieved.
JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corp has begun shutting down units at the Mizushima-B refinery. The units will be offline for several months safety and inspection work. This major shutdown follows the discovery of fraudulently and improperly kept maintenance records at the site earlier this month.
The Ugandan government have announced their interest in purchasing 40% of the refinery planned for construction in the country. The government would like to offer the remaining 60% to a private company. The facility will have a processing capacity of 120 000 bpd once complete.
On 19th July maintenance work was completed at the Phillips 66 Ponca City refinery in Oklahoma. Maintenance work began on the 10th July. Maintenance work at another Phillips 66 refinery was also completed on 19th July. The Wilmington refinery, California shut its hydrogen plant for work on 9th July.
Inspection activities and repair work is still begin carried out at the Motiva owned Port Arthur refinery, Texas. The crude distillation is currently affected as it is part of the expansion project at the facility.
Edited from various sources by Claira Lloyd.