The CITGO Lemont refinery has donated 60 computers to help support unemployed people in the area. The charity POWER Connection has received them. The charity looks to help unemployed people gain computer and other skills to help them seek employment.
After Hurricane Isaac, Motiva Enterprises has fully restarted the Garyville refinery and it is now running at full capacity which currently stands at 464 000 bpd. Other refineries in the Louisiana area are now also being brought back online.
A fire broke out at Marathon Petroleum’s Detroit refinery on 6th September. One employee was injured. The fire was small and distinguished within two hours.
Delta Air Lines have announced that its Monroe Energy LLC division will be restarting the Trainer refinery by the end of the month. Delta bought the 185 000 bpd facility last spring to produce jet fuel. Delta is the first US airline to ever buy and oil refinery.
BASF Corporation and Total Petrochemicals & Refining USA have signed new agreements relating to two joint ventures and a name change for said ventures. The new merger will be called BASF TOTAL Petrochemicals LLC and both operations are located in Port Arthur. BASF has 60% ownership and Total the remaining 40%.
Production at the Amuay refinery which was affected by an explosion last month is now up to 264 000 bpd. As a whole the refinery has a processing capacity of 645 000 bpd.
BP’s Cherry Point refinery has been cited by the Washington Department of Labor and Industries. Six violations have been counted included wilful violation of workplace heath and safety. BP are facing fines of US$ 81 000 for all six violations. A major fire that occurred at the facility in February brought on the inspection.
Adapted from press release by Claira Lloyd.