A webinar titled, ‘When Contractors Hit Pipelines: Contamination Liability Issues Under Dig Alert and the Federal Oil Pollution Act.’
22 October 2015, at 11 am - 12 pm central daylight time.
Webinar from Technical Toolboxes Inc., with Brian Bergman with Bergman Dacey Goldsmith.
Information on webinar, moderator and registration: here.
Construction excavation work is the leading cause of damage to oil and gas pipelines, which can lead to significant monetary exposure for pipeline operators, contractors, and the contractor’s clients. Many states have passed Dig Alert statutory schemes to help prevent damage to pipeline infrastructure from construction activity, but many construction contractors and pipeline operators do not know what their obligations are, and what liability they face, when a party seeks to excavate near a pipeline. Failure to comply with Dig Alert statutory requirements not only leads to more accidents, but significant penalties, and often liability for environmental contamination caused by released product.
Attend this one hour webinar entitled and you will learn:
- Excavator obligations under Dig Alert.
- Pipeline operator obligations under Dig Alert.
- When a pipeline operator will be held responsible for a pipeline spill even though someone else hit the line.
- Penalties that may be imposed for violations of Dig Alert.
- Environmental liability associated with pipeline spills.