To further its marketing and handling of drilling rigs for Malaysia’s oil and gas industry, domestic offshore oilfield services provider, Tanjung Offshore has incorporated Tanjung Drilltec.
Tanjung Drilltec was incorporated in Malaysia on 2 January 2015 and is jointly owned by Tanjung Offshore Services (TOS) and Drilltec Offshore holding a 51% stake and 49% stake respectively. Tanjung Drilltec has the authorised capital of MYR500 000 (US$142 000), comprising 500 000 ordinary shares of MYR1.00 each and paid-up capital of MYR100 000 comprising 100 000 ordinary shares of MYR1.00 each.
In August 2014, Tanjung Offshore had incorporated Fircroft Tanjung, a joint venture company specialising in recruitment for the sector. Similarly, Fircroft Tanjung is 51% owned by TOS, however the other 49% is owned by Fircroft Engineering Service.
“As part of our global strategy, Fircroft intends to engage in a long-term partnership in Malaysia, which will enable us to find the best talent locally as well as internationally for our clients, some of them being the world’s largest energy companies,” Fircroft’s CEO Johnathan Johnson said at the time.
Edited from various sources by Cecilia Rehn