NPD grants drilling permit for well 35/11-18


Wintershall Norge awarded drilling permit

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Wintershall Norge AS a drilling permit for well 35/12-5 S, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Well 35/11-18 will be drilled from the Borgland Dolphin drilling facility in position 61°09`24.40" north and 03°20`38.09" east after concluding the drilling of wildcat well 6507/3-11 S for E.ON E&P NORGE AS in production licence 650.

The drilling programme for well 35/11-18 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 248. Wintershall Norge AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 60%. The other licensee is Petoro AS with 40%.

The area in this permit consists of parts of blocks 35/8 and 35/11. The well will be drilled about 100 km south-west of Florø and about 20 km north-west of the Fram field.

Production licence 248 was awarded on 4 June 1999 (NST99). This is the second wildcat well to be drilled in the licence.

The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other consents and permits required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.

Edited from The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate 

Published on 20/08/2015


Get your FREE Oilfield Technology magazine »

Get your FREE trial of Hydrocarbon Engineering magazine »

Get your FREE trial of World Pipelines magazine »


 
 

Recommend magazines

  Oilfield Technology