When welding tubes and pipes such as stainless, duplex, chrome etc., it is important to purge the internal bore with an inert gas to prevent oxidisation, discolouration and to ensure a good internal weld profile.
Huntingdon Fusion Techniques (HFT) has introduced PurgElite(R): a tube and pipe purging systems to achieve a clean, oxide free, zero colour weld, manufactured to suit pipe diameters from 25 mm - 600 mm.
Other key features of this new range include:
- Spinal tube that is resistant to hot metal up to 300ºC and is super flexible to allow movement around the tightest of bends, the only manufacturer to produce this.
- A new 1 in. (25 mm) system.
- Quick and easy to install.
- IntaCal(R), an innovative purge gas feed device with no complicated valve to set.
- RootGlo(R), a centrepiece glow positioning indicator allowing the systems to be positioned accurately inside the tube or pipe.
- Quick connect/disconnect fittings with collets and ‘O’ ring seals for gas tight sealing, fitted with ‘Anti-Release’ circlip to prevent parts accidentally separating inside pipes.
- No metal parts to scratch the internal pipe surface.
In addition, heat resistant covers, with a temperature rating of up to 300ºC, are available as an accessory to protect the inflatable dams.
Edited from press release by Stephanie Roker
Read the article online at: https://www.energyglobal.com/pipelines/product-news/25082015/purgelite-inflatable-tube-and-piping-weld-purging-system/