In the Autumn issue of Energy Global, Naomi Potter, Cornwall Insight, UK, outlines how green hydrogen is playing a key role in the renewable transition across Europe, especially for hard-to-abate sectors. This special report lists all the references contained within the article.
- For more information, refer to Columbia Centre for Energy Studies’ hydrogen production fact sheet: HydrogenProduction_CGEP_FactSheet_052621.pdf
- ‘Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions: A hydrogen strategy for a comate-neutral Europe’, European Commission, (2020), https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:52020DC0301&from=EN
- For more information see ‘Low-carbon hydrogen index - Germany tops the leader board’, Cornwall Insight, (2022), https://www.cornwall-insight.com/germany-tops-the-leader-board-with-south-korea-in-second-place/
- ‘Germany plans to double hydrogen electrolyser capacity target to 10GW by 2030’, Recharge, (2021), https://www.rechargenews.com/energy-transition/germany-plans-to-double-hydrogen-electrolyser-capacity-target-to-10gw-by-2030/2-1-1105818
- For instance, H2Global a foundation and its eponymous funding mechanism supported by the German government to encourage scale-up of hydrogen across the world. Visit https://www.h2-global.de/ for more.
- BENTERBUSCH, U., ‘The German National Hydrogen Strategy’, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, (2020), https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/default/files/energy_climate_change_environment/events/presentations/02.03.01_mf34_presentation-de_h2_strategy-benterbusch.pdf
- ‘Hydrogen Strategy for North Germany’, Ministries of Economy and Transport of the North German Coastal States, (2019), https://www.hamburg.de/contentblob/13874168/e484c76e44486905abd9220bbdd64a8f/data/hydrogen-strategy-for-north-germany.pdf
- ‘Hydrogen fast track: OGE and RWE present national infrastructure concept “H2ercules”’, RWE, (2022), https://www.rwe.com/en/press/rwe-ag/2022-03-24-oge-and-rwe-present-national-infrastructure-concept--h2ercules
- ‘British energy security strategy’, GOV.UK, (2022), https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/british-energy-security-strategy
- ‘Net Zero Hydrogen Fund strand 1 and strand 2’, GOV.UK, (2022), https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/net-zero-hydrogen-fund-strand-1-and-strand-2
- ‘Hydrogen Investor Roadmap: Leading the Way to Net Zero’, GOV.UK, (2022), https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1067408/hydrogen-investor-roadmap.pdf
- DEVARAJ, D., ‘Industrial decarbonisation key for UK low carbon hydrogen’, Carbon Insights, (2021), https://www.cornwall-insight.com/our-thinking/insight-papers/industrial-decarbonisation-key-for-uk-low-carbon-hydrogen/
- ‘Octopus Hydrogen and GeoPura partner to accelerate the displacement of diesel generators’, GeoPura, https://www.geopura.com/press-releases/octopus-hydrogen-and-geopura-partner-to-accelerate-the-displacement-of-diesel-generators/
- ‘Hydrogen Highway in Europe’, Ludwig-Bölkow-Systemtechnik Gmbh, (2022), https://www.h2stations.org/wp-content/uploads/Europe-H2-Highway-2022.jpg
- ‘Hydrogen Sector Development Action Plan’, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, (2022), https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1092353/hydrogen-sector-development-action-plan.pdf#:~:text=Sector%20Development%20Action%20Plan%20is%20to%20highlight%20the,investment%3B%20supply%20chains%3B%20jobs%20and%20skills%3B%20and%20exports.
- “National strategy for the development of decarbonised and renewable hydrogen in France’, Bretagne Développement Innovation, https://www.bdi.fr/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/PressKitProvisionalDraft-National-strategy-for-the-development-of-decarbonised-and-renewable-hydrogen-in-France.pdf
- ‘Let’s Talk about Hydrogen’, Fuel Cells and Hydrogen, https://wayback.archive-it.org/12090/20220602144358/https://www.fch.europa.eu/
- ‘Sustainable mobility: First order for hydrogen-powered TER trains’, SNCF, (2022), https://www.sncf.com/en/commitments/cse-priorities/sncf-accelerates-hydrogen-train
- ‘Becoming the leader in green hydrogen is our goal with France 2030!’, Élysée, (2021), https://www.elysee.fr/emmanuel-macron/2021/11/16/deplacement-beziers-genvia-france-2030
- Italy’s Snam leads in the gas networks space with more than 70% of the corporation's pipelines equipped to carry hydrogen, according to the company. In Spain, the Spanish Hydrogen Network project, known as ‘SHYNE’ brings together companies, academic institutions and associations with the goal of promoting hydrogen network projects throughout the country. See: Snam (https://www.snam.it/en/energy_transition/hydrogen/snam_and_hydrogen/) and Repsol (SHYNE, the largest consortium to promote renewable hydrogen in Spain, is born).
- ‘Consultation on developing a hydrogen strategy for Ireland,’ Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications, (2022), https://www.gov.ie/en/consultation/5c087-consultation-on-developing-a-hydrogen-strategy-for-ireland/
- ‘€120m green energy facility planned for Cork creating 85 jobs’, EIH2, (2021), https://eih2.ie/e120m-green-energy-facility-planned-for-cork-creating-85-jobs/
- BACKMAN, M., ‘Transport of hydrogen with polyethylene natural gas pipes [PE]’, PE100+ Association, (2010), https://www.pe100plus.com/PPCA/Transport-of-hydrogen-with-polyethylene-natural-gas-pipes-p433.html
For more news and technical articles from the global renewable industry, read the latest issue of Energy Global magazine.
The Summer 2022 issue of Energy Global hosts an array of technical articles focusing on wind, solar, biofuels, green hydrogen, geothermal, and more. This issue also features a regional report discussing the outlook for renewables in the US.
Read the article online at: https://www.energyglobal.com/special-reports/27092022/green-means-go/